Sunday, May 24, 2009

Inaugural Post

Hello all,

Nick here across the ocean in the wonderful city of Sydney, Australia. It's been a great few days...we are currently 15 hours ahead of you all in the states. That means it's almost 10am on the 25th and still 7pm on the 24th where you all are.

A quick update before I go to my orientation here...the flight over is rough. For those of you who have never spent a significant amount of time in one seat(about 14 hours worth), it gets a little on the long side. On the plus side, I was able to watch a lot of Discovery Channel and started watching that one movie that's almost like Pursuit of Happiness.(I got bored and went to sleep) The meals were a little like middle school when they can get you because you don't have another choice...there were three of them and you were appreciative every time. You knew that if you denied one you would regret it later.

When I arrived I was met by Handsome Rob, one of Greg Tehvens friends, and we went for coffee where he told me about some of the faux pas I could make over here. There are a few which I will have to detail later...

Gotta go, the orientation is about to start. Have to know about where I'm at! Wish me luck and I'll post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment