Friday, June 12, 2009

As I sit here in the wonderful library with FREE internet access, thank you tax payer dollars, I reflect on my past week.

I once again attended the Jackeroo School where I was supposed to teach other people to do things I can't do.

I successfully "galloped" which it turns out is only a fast canter.

I was told, by a student, not to tell her how to do things and to not look at her husband.

I then witnessed their subsequent decision to have a divorce which took place after a very childish argument about who was a worse person.

I am getting used to not showering every day.

I ate two double cheeseburgers and a large fry from "Mackers" last night and it was awesome. The large cups are the size of our mediums and you have to pay for refills which was not awesome.

If I buy a hat and bring it to the Jackeroo School it will have bull testicles put in it. I do not know how to handle this situation.

It turns out that I am only going to be at the school until the middle of July and then I will have to find another place to go. Hmmm...

I wake, every morning, to the lovely sounds of "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big and Rich. Listen to the song and you will understand why it never gets old to listen to two grown men sing "DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAAAAADUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAAAA!" before you hear anything else that day.

I hope that you have taken care of yourselves and that your summers are all the best ever...
cheers,
Nick

2 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how much joy it brings me to know that you start each and every day with some country music. I couldn't be more proud!! :)

    Sounds like you are enjoying your experiences so far. Rollin with the punches and keeping that PMA all the way!! That's what I like to see!

    I just got back from Ireland today - it was INCREDIBLE. Let me know if you have phone access at all while you're there, I'd love to talk to you about what EXACTLY you are doing (besides cutting yourself, riding horses and getting lost on public transit). If you don't have access, I'll keep creepin on your blog and comment every now and again.

    I hope all is well! Take care! :)

    -Becca

    PS...do they say "cheers" there too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick - don't know if you'll get this because I haven't registered anywhere to be able to do this - and I won't because then "they" get info on how to track you down, etc. I like to remain anonymous as much as possible. Anyway, it's been fun to read of your adventures - sounds like you are having some great experiences - memories to last a lifetime and maybe some life lessons along the way. One of those lessons might be . . . perhaps you not taking a shower has something to do with that chick not wanting you to talk to her or look at her husband and then before the day was over them getting a divorce? I don't want you to carry that like a heavy cross, but maybe you should be seeing what you could do at the watering trough if nothing else? Miss having you around - we'll have to do lunch when you finally set foot in ND again. Love you - be careful - have fun! xo Mary

    ReplyDelete