Monday, August 17, 2009

So I've realized that the lamest posts are the ones that start of by apologizing for not posting. Thus I am not apologizing for not posting for two weeks. I am regretting the decision to wait this long as I now have to try to remember what I did during that time...and not have it take up a ridiculous amount of reading time...oh the trials of my life.

I bought a plane ticket for Sydney from Cairns the day before it was leaving for $260, the bus ticket would have cost $455, recieved a book about working dog stories from Vicki, Frank, and Kathy(again, beautiful people), got to Sydney at 10pm, took a train to Lindfield and made myself at home. This was last Tuesday. Since then I have done almost nothing save for going to the Blue Mountains and seeing the Three Sisters which was pretty cool. I also went to the Jenolan Caves, which were awesome, and saw 'Public Enemies' on the equivalent of an IMAX theater screen that they call the 'Edge' here. The expected reaction to seeing this mega-cool movie on a ginormous screen was pure elation. My spirits were dampened, however, when the movie began to play and was only normal size, leaving many unused portions of aforementioned monstrosity. I persevered and sat through the spectacle pleasantly surprised that they really showed what a bad person John Dillinger was. He was crazy...

I am currently at Rising Generations finishing up my first day of volunteer work with them. I folded, stuffed, labeled, stamped, and sealed over three hundred envelopes today, along with doing some cutting and organizing. For lunch we went to Joe's Kebabs, a Lebanese establishment, and spent the hour or so sweating the chilli off of my toung. Being raised on potatoes where the most spice we had was salt and pepper doesn't help when trying to down some of the most pungent peppers this world has to offer. I do believe that I spent more time waiting for my taste buds to reawaken than I did consuming what they told me was edible...I have yet to verify this contestable fact.

In less than two weeks time I will be back stateside and will look forward to seeing you all again. Don't let it be so long before I hear from you or I start to wonder if you're ok all the way on the other side of the ocean...seriously! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Heh, heh - your story about the spicy food reminded me of that time we went to the Green Mill . . . didn't you learn anything? You ought to stick with potatoes & lefse :) See you soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the Blue Mountains... a photo of the Three Sisters are actually on my credit card right now. I'll be excited to have you Stateside again, no one else can quite enjoy my Australia rants as much as someone who has been there.

    ReplyDelete